Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
Вам не пришло письмо с кодом активации?
Сегодня: Сентябрь 25, 2024, 02:22:49

Регистрация и вход на форум (полезная информация)   
Начало Помощь Календарь Войти Регистрация
Внимание! Информация на данном форуме предназначена для читателей старше 18 лет.
Герольд: Правила форума - их должен знать каждый участник!
Фантастика и фэнтези:

Гроссман, Лев - Волшебники

Паранормальные романы >>>
Любовный роман, проза и другое:

Смолл, Бертрис - Лучиана, кроткая невеста

Библиография >>>
Интересное на форуме:

Коутс, Александра - Клуб юных вдов

Молодежная литература / Young Adult & New Adult >>>

+  Мечтательница
|-+  Светланин уголок
| |-+  Клуб читающих на иностранных языках (Модератор: Ксю)
| | |-+  Вести с американских форумов любительниц ЛР ІV
Страниц: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Печать
Автор Тема: Вести с американских форумов любительниц ЛР ІV 18+  (Прочитано 87575 раз)
Marietta
Граф

Карма 313

• Почетный старожил

• « Ответ #105 : Апрель 03, 2009, 11:43:37 »

Не в том разделе посмотрела!
    alenakara
    Прохожий

Карма 13

я - девушка-праздник... грустный такой праздник...

« Ответ #106 : Апрель 07, 2009, 12:58:00 »

Вот что я нашла на сайте у Клейпас:
    Tempt Me at Twilight (Coming in October 2009)                             

This is a peek of my work-in-progress, titled “Tempt Me at Twilight.”

Poppy Hathaway, who has always longed for a normal, ordinary life, has been abandoned by her true love, Michael Bayning. Caught up in scandal, she has only one way out-- to marry Harry Rutledge, a handsome and mysterious hotel owner. But Harry is a man of many secrets, and eventually Poppy faces a heartwrenching question: What does a heroine do when she ends up married to the villain?

In this scene, Harry endeavors to persuade Poppy to marry him.
    “You are persistent,” Poppy said as they walked through the rose garden behind the hotel. “They told me you would be.”

“I’m everything they told you and worse,” Harry said without hesitation. “But what they didn’t tell you is that you are the most desirable and fascinating woman I’ve ever met, and I would do anything to have you.”

It was insanely flattering to have a man like Harry Rutledge pursuing her, especially after the hurt inflicted by Michael Bayning. Poppy flushed with cheek-stinging pleasure, as if she’d been lying too long in the sun. She found herself thinking, Perhaps I’ll consider it, just for a moment, in a purely hypothetical sense. Harry Rutledge and me . . .

“I have questions,” she said.

“Ask away.”

Poppy decided to be blunt. “Are you dangerous? Everyone says you are.”

“To you? No.”

“To others?”

Harry shrugged casually. “The most valuable commodity in the world is information . . . and I have a lot of it. I suppose that could be considered dangerous.”

“You garner that information at your hotel?”

“Partly.”

“And you propose to have a family in such an environment? Do you want children?”

“Yes, and yes.”

Poppy gave him a dubious glance. “Would you have any time for them? For . . . us?”

“As a man who resides and works in the same place,” he pointed out, “I would be at my wife’s beck and call.”

“Or she at yours,” Poppy said.

He smiled slightly. “Touché. Let’s say it would be a convenient arrangement for both sides.”

“Would you ever use physical force against your wife?”

“No.” His answer was gratifyingly immediate, the syllable roughened as if the very notion offended him.

“Would you keep your wedding vows?”

Harry held her gaze, his green eyes steady. “I wouldn’t make them otherwise.”

Poppy decided that her family’s worries about letting her talk to Harry had been entirely justified. Because he was so persuasive and appealing that she found herself beginning to seriously consider the idea of marrying him

It occurred to her that she was not the only one taking a risk. There was no guarantee for Harry that he would end up with the kind of wife he needed.

“It’s not fair for me to ask all the questions,” she told him. “You must have some as well.”

“No, I’ve already decided that I want you.”

Poppy couldn’t prevent a bemused laugh. “Do you make all your decisions so impulsively?”

“Not usually. But I know when to trust my instincts.”

It seemed Harry was about to add something else, when he saw a movement on the ground from the periphery of his vision. Following his gaze, Poppy saw her sister's pet hedgehog Medusa pushing her way through the rose arbor, waddling innocently across the path. The little brown and white creature looked like a walking scrub brush. To Poppy’s surprise, Harry lowered to his haunches to retrieve her.

“Don’t touch her,” Poppy warned. “She’ll roll into a ball and sink her quills into you.”

But Harry settled his hands on the ground, palms up, on either side of the inquisitive hedgehog. “Hello, Medusa,” he murmured, gently working his hands beneath her. “Sorry to interrupt your exercise. But believe me, you don’t want to run into any of my gardeners.”

Poppy watched incredulously as Medusa relaxed and settled willingly into the warm masculine hands. Her spines flattened, and she let him lift and turn her so she was tummy-upward. Harry stroked the soft white fur of her underbelly, while Medusa’s delicate snout lifted, and she regarded him with her perpetual smile.

“I’ve never seen anyone except Beatrix handle her like that,” Poppy said, standing beside him. “You have experience with hedgehogs?”

“No.” Harry slanted a smile at her. “But I have some experience with prickly females.”

“Excuse me,” Beatrix’s voice interrupted them, and she came beneath the rose arbor. She was disheveled, bits of leaves clinging to her dress, her hair straggling over her face. “I seem to have lost track of . . . oh, there you are, Medusa!” She broke into a grin as she saw Harry cradling the hedgehog in his hands. “You can trust a man who can handle a hedgehog, that’s what I always say.”

“Do you?” Poppy asked dryly. “I’ve never heard you say that.”

“I only say it to Medusa.”

Harry carefully transferred the pet to Beatrix’s hands. “‘The fox has many tricks,’” he quoted, “‘the hedgehog only one.’” He smiled at Beatrix as he added, “But it’s a good one.”

“Archilochus,” Beatrix said promptly. “You read Greek poetry, Mr. Rutledge?”

“Not usually. But I make an exception for Archilochus. He knew how to make a point.”

“Father used to call him a ‘raging iambic,’” Poppy said, and Harry laughed.

And in that moment, Poppy made her decision.

Because even though Harry Rutledge had his flaws, a man who could charm a hedgehog and understand jokes about ancient Greek poets was a man worth taking a risk on.

She wouldn’t be able to marry for love, but she could at least marry for hope.

“Bea,” she murmured, “might you allow us a few moments alone?”

“Certainly. Medusa would love to grub about for worms in the next row.”

“Thank you, dear.” Poppy turned back to Harry, who was dusting his hands. “May I ask one more question?”

He looked at her alertly and spread his hands as if to show he had nothing to hide.

“Would you say that you’re a good man, Harry?”

He had to think about that. “No,” he finally said. “In the fairy tale you mentioned last night . . . I would probably be the villain. But it’s possible the villain would treat you far better than the prince would have.”

Poppy wondered what was wrong with her, that she should be amused rather than frightened by his confession. “Harry. You’re not supposed to court a girl by telling her you’re the villain.”

He gave her an innocent glance that didn’t deceive her in the least. “I’m trying to be honest.”

“Perhaps. But you’re also making certain that whatever anyone says about you, you’ve already admitted it. Now you’ve made all criticism of you ineffectual.”

Harry’s expression changed, and he blinked as if she’d surprised him. “You think I’m that manipulative?”

She nodded.

Harry seemed stunned that she could see through him so easily. But instead of being annoyed, he stared at her with stark longing. “Poppy, I have to have you.”

Reaching her in two steps, he took her into his arms.

- И почему женщины всегда оставляют нас в дураках?
    - А потому что мужчины держат нас за дур!
    margarita
    Почти самая обаятельная и привлекательная
    Читатель.
    Герцог

Карма 491

Toto,I've a feeling we're not in Cansas anymore!

• Почетный старожил

• « Ответ #107 : Апрель 07, 2009, 13:10:23 »

боже боже боже. и как дождаться октября?
    до меня только в середине отрывка дошло, что это Поппи Хэтауэй : ))))

Looks like I 've picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue... (c)
    jeni
    Гость
    « Ответ #108 : Апрель 07, 2009, 13:50:48 »

Клейпас пока не планирует книгу про Джо Трэвиса.Она начинает новую совр.серию из четырех книг,написанные уже в третьем лице.Действие будет развиваться на острове Сан Хуан в городке Friday Harbor.
    margarita
    Почти самая обаятельная и привлекательная
    Читатель.
    Герцог

Карма 491

Toto,I've a feeling we're not in Cansas anymore!

• Почетный старожил

• « Ответ #109 : Апрель 09, 2009, 01:09:44 »

надо же.. а я думала, что он как раз будет такой малость травмированный герой хотя клейпас вроде бы таких героев не очень любит, если я не ошибаюсь. ну, я рада, если честно. мне тревисов хватило.... если только про гейджа больше деталей : ) это бы меня порадовало: ))))
    ну, и урррррррра, что в третьем лице!!!
    « Последнее редактирование: Апрель 09, 2009, 01:11:34 от margarita » Записан

Looks like I 've picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue... (c)
    Jolie
    Прохожий

Карма 5

« Ответ #110 : Апрель 12, 2009, 12:30:02 »

Клейпас пока не планирует книгу про Джо Трэвиса.Она начинает новую совр.серию из четырех книг,написанные уже в третьем лице.Действие будет развиваться на острове Сан Хуан в городке Friday Harbor.

Ух ты. Интересно будет посмотреть, что из этого получится. Надеюсь, что исторические она писать от этого меньше не станет.
    jeni
    Гость
    « Ответ #111 : Апрель 22, 2009, 22:28:31 »

В 2011 и 2012 г. Мэри Бэлоу планирует написать книгу про Гвендолайн из "Ночь для любви" и приквел к книгам "Больше, чем любовница"  и "Искусная в любви" - история Ангелины и ее мужа.
    Iren
    La Belle Dame Sans Merci
    Читатель.
    Герцог

Карма 619

• Почетный старожил
    WWW Email
    « Ответ #112 : Апрель 23, 2009, 04:55:16 »

В 2011 и 2012 г. Мэри Бэлоу планирует написать книгу про Гвендолайн из "Ночь для любви" и приквел к книгам "Больше, чем любовница"  и "Искусная в любви" - история Ангелины и ее мужа.

Оооо, да-да-да!
    Меня всегда интересовало, что там за темная история с мужем Гвен и почему на самом деле она хромает. Интересно, кто будет ей в пару?
    Ангелина и ее муж - тоже хорошо. Интересные персонажи. Даже странно, что они появились на страницах дилогии уже такими сложившимися, как будто у них действительно есть своя интересная история.

"Те, кто ждет, возможно, и получат свой шанс, но им достанется только оставшееся от тех, кто поторопился." А.Линкольн
    Tessa
    Хранящая равновесие
    Читатель
    Маркиз

Карма 433

Ищите женщину, пока она вас не нашла!

Email
    « Ответ #113 : Апрель 23, 2009, 19:28:40 »

Заходила в тему с четким ощущением, что на этот раз написано про Бэлоу, и не ошиблась. КАк замечательно, жаль что ниокго вспомнить не могу))))) Надо перечитать.
    А вообще тогда хочу про Розалин Огден и Альберта кажется? из Любящего сердца(

Женщины, конечно, умнее. Вы когда-нибудь слышали о женщине, которая бы потеряла голову только от того, что у мужчины красивые ноги?

Фаина Раневская
    Софи
    Виконт

Карма 103

« Ответ #114 : Апрель 23, 2009, 20:25:15 »

Тоже очень хочу про Гвен.  Там Лили  с Невилем обязательно должны быть I love you!

Я думаю, книга про Ангелину и её мужа это, как часто бывает у Бэлоу, история возникновения любви между людьми с очень разными характерами. Она взбалмошная, он холодный.  У неё довольно часто такие герои, влюбятся друг в друга, а принять это сразу не могут. Она боится, что из-за него разучется радоваться жизни, а для него эта радость становится большим искушением.
    « Последнее редактирование: Апрель 23, 2009, 20:28:03 от Софи » Записан
    jeni
    Гость
    « Ответ #115 : Апрель 23, 2009, 20:46:39 »

В конце 2010 г. выйдет новая средневековая книга Коултер "THE VALCOURT HEIRESS" - время правления Эдуарда I и его канцлера Роберта Бернелла.Грэлэм де Моретон из "Песня огня" и Северн и Гастингс из "Розовой гавани" могут быть одними из персонажей книги.
    Maire
    Виконт

Карма 34

Noli tacere circulos meos!

• Почетный старожил
    « Ответ #116 : Апрель 27, 2009, 02:07:55 »

Получила в рассылке:

"by Nora Roberts

in stores April 28th

Nora's News - Vision in Death

Dear Readers,
    I'm delighted to introduce you to the women of Vows -- Parker Brown, Laurel McBane, Emmaline Grant and Mackensie Elliot -- wedding planners extraordinaire.  With stunning flowers, delectable desserts, once-in-a-lifetime images and every detail the most discerning bride might wish, Vows creates the perfect day.

Vision in White, book one in The Bride Quartet, is Mackensie's story.  Vows acclaimed photographer captures all the nuances of a wedding with a creative and caring eye.  But after watching her parents run through multiple marriages she's pretty certain that "happily ever after" isn't for her.  At first glance, English teacher Carter Maguire is definitely not Mac's type.  In this case first impressions are wrong in the best sort of way, and Mac will have to turn to her three best friends--and business partners--to find her way to her own happy ending.

The Bride Quartet is a return to straight contemporary Romance for me.  As I mentioned last spring, the series grew out of the experience of helping plan my younger son's wedding last June.  (I can't believe that he and his lovely bride have been married nearly a year! )  I tried to capture all the excitement -- and worry and humor -- that goes into planning the perfect wedding.

Enjoy!"
    З.ы.  Кто-нибудь заметил корку?

There're lots of fruits and nuts in my family tree...
    Ксю
    Бездна Серебристого Смеха
    Наместник
    Герцог

Карма 1820

Не выносите мне мозг. Его уже вынесли до вас...

• Мифология (аватарка), 3 место Почетный старожил
    WWW Email
    « Ответ #117 : Апрель 27, 2009, 10:30:00 »

А почему Vision in Death, если она Vision in White Тем более что книга с почти таким названием у Робертс уже была. Это Visions in Death (у нас "По образу и подобию"). Кто-то погряз в "смертельной" пучине, по-моему...

Если идти туда, не знаю куда, то только туда, потому что больше некуда. (с)

Gertruda
    Барон

Карма 35

gertruda.g@hotmail.com gertrdag
    « Ответ #118 : Апрель 27, 2009, 11:34:27 »

Ой девушки, я аж три раза как минимум читала это письмо и ничего не заметила пока пост Ксю не прочитала... 
    Вот как я оказывается все внимательно читаю  Хотя...

Нууу... в теме письма стоит Vision in White, и на обложечке тоже 

Правильно натасканная совесть никогда не грызёт своего хозяйна!
    Maire
    Виконт

Карма 34

Noli tacere circulos meos!

• Почетный старожил
    « Ответ #119 : Апрель 28, 2009, 01:18:52 »

А почему Vision in Death, если она Vision in White Тем более что книга с почти таким названием у Робертс уже была. Это Visions in Death (у нас "По образу и подобию"). Кто-то погряз в "смертельной" пучине, по-моему...
    Ага, я как представила зомби-невесту в белом платье, испачканном могильной землей ))) Скорее бы вышла эта книга, штоли )))
    А в письме-рассылке Vision in Death написано жирненьким большим шрифтом, так что не заметить невозможно было. Эт просто я не знала, как вставить все письмо, чтоб показать всю красоту )))

There're lots of fruits and nuts in my family tree...
    Страниц: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Печать 
    Перейти в:  

Войти

Форум "Мечтательница"